Turning 30


This will be my last blog post while I'm still in my 20's.  Tomorrow I'll be 30 years old!
What an interesting feeling.  My body is 30 years old, but my mind is still 19.  It's great, but strange at the same time.  I've done so many wonderful, wonderful things during these 30 years - it's been one hell of a ride so far!

Between my 20th and 30th birthday I've pretty much had a taste of the following, in no particular order:
Experienced being a Matie and obtaining a BA degree in Information Science
My first overseas trip to France
Fell in love way too many times
Had my heart broken more than once
Broke a heart or two
Did online dating and had a few flings
Overseas trip to the UK and Italy
My first real 'big' job
Several other jobs after that
Experienced the negativity of a bad working environment and bad bosses
Getting retrenched and being unemployed
Had my wisdom teeth removed
Spent time in hospital as result of my tonsils
Took more risks
Fell in love, got engaged and got married to a wonderful person!
Made really big decisions
Worked as a barlady in a genuine English pub in London
Travelled and saw another 11 countries
Played in the snow whilst being lost in a small town in Slovenia
Gained a lot of weight
Pushed a few boundries
Lost a lot of weight and got back into shape
Started running!
Felt the pain of giving up
Felt the joy of holding on
Improved as a cook
Learnt to forgive and let go
Reconfirmed my beliefs
Discovered and learnt a lot about myself and other people
Learnt to keep my mouth shut
Learnt to let the dust settle
Learnt to celebrate life with every opportunity you get
Lost a family member
Read more
Spent time in a desert - trip to UK, Portugal and Dubai
Made new, wonderful friends
Learnt to always be honest with myself and others
Moved house 3 times
Watched school friends becoming parents
Visited the Owl House
Swam with dolphins
Spent time on an island (Mauritius)
Drank lots of tequila, coctails, sherry, wine ...
Danced like no one is watching - on the stage, in the lounge, on a tiny coffee table, anywhere
Conquered the Orange River (twice)
Decided to never show my face to the sun again (go away, wrinkles!)
Stopped wearing heels
Became a student again
Started doing freelance work
Cut a fringe (more than once)
Considered getting a tattoo
Stood up for people
Got a diamond (a real one)
Saw a seahorse (it's tiny)
Said yes
Said no
Allowed myself to be inspired more
Set and reached goals
Overall improved myself as a person
Tried to live with passion so that I will always be able to say "I had the time of my life..."

So bring on the 30's!  I'm SO ready. I've got my glass of bubbly in my hand, a spinning disco ball above me and my red wedding shoes on my feet - my reality has background music and I vow to keep dancing 'till I drop!!

I think I was about 5 when this was taken.  I still love red.



Comments

  1. Hey my friend come and join the 30's it's so much FUN !!! Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww that picture of you is soo cute.
    lovely blog and happy bday :]

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ria, a little late perhaps. But Happy Birthday! A lot can happen in 30 years.My mum is a big fan of Somerset-West and South Africa she goes there every year xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winter on the coast.

So I danced my way into my 30's.

A picnic under a tree