So here I am, it's a Monday afternoon, and I'm free.
No office to cage me in, no computer I don't want to sit behind, no work I have no passion for, no subconscious fear of the dreaded beast (read: ex-boss) to make an appearance and spoil my day.
I'm free, I'm unemployed, but free. With a million plans to fill my time with!
Things I'm looking forward to in the next few months:
- Starting classes at the University of Stellenbosch on Tuesday, 26 January 2010. Post grad diploma in Translation, here I come! (finally)
- Finishing up all the little details of our wedding.
- Getting married on 13 March 2010 :)
- Going on honeymoon to Mauritius straight after!
- Settling into my new (our!) home.
- My 30th birthday on 29 April 2010.
- My first winter in our home (think loads of cosy evenings around the fireplace...)
- Starting up my own freelance translation and editing business and working from home from now on.
- Putting some well-overdue love into our garden!
- Being creative in our house (read: making a few exciting changes)
- Being more creative overall (read: making more time for hobbies)
- Getting my pictures sorted and having quite a few printed for our home and finding the right spots for it.
- Finding more art for our walls and finding the perfect spots to hang the pieces we already have.
- Spending quality time with my forever-boyfriend but also husband-to-be in a place I can finally call HOME after a few less-than-stable months of travelling between a few homes and living out of an overnight bag.