A special picture

Today I've received my wedding pictures from the photographer.  All of them are wonderful, I love every single one (there are a few hundred!).  Every picture makes me feel a specific feeling.  Joy, love, excitement, nervousness, happiness... too many feelings all captured forever in pictures.  This picture below, however, is a special example of how I would like to remember the day.  
It was taken at about 16h00.  I was supposed to be at the church at 16h00 :)  But with the church being literally just around the corner, we had a little time to spare to be 'fashionably late'.
I was calm, I was happy.  I was feeling in control and was drinking in every single second as if it were my last.  I was sitting on the windowsill of one of the big windows in the livingroom of my parents' house, where I grew up in and where I've lived most of my life.  
The house was suddenly empty, except for the photographers, my father, my brother, and I. And the house was quiet.  It was as if the day was building up to this - the last few minutes of me being a single girl.  
I remember looking out of the window, with a smile on my face, thinking - I'm going to remember this day forever, and in a few mintues my life is going to change forever.  What a big thought for a little girl in the most beautiful wedding dress in the world, sitting on the windowsill of the house she grew up in.  I feel a bit nostalgic when I look at it, but also very, very happy.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winter on the coast.

I love what I do.

A picnic under a tree