Stepping out


Do you sometimes feel the need to 'step out' of your own life, just for a few hours, maybe for a few days, for whatever reason?

If I had the opportunity today, I would transport myself to this little getaway, in the middle of a lush forest, somewhere cool, rainy, quiet. I would take a book, some good coffee, a few delicious things to eat, a candle or two, the softest, comfiest blanket I can find and some amazing music.

The cabin would smell like wood, verbena and something citrussy inside. In the one corner a lovely, crackling fire would welcome me when I open the door. The huge windows would let in natural light that filters through the branches and leaves of the majestic trees outside.  My soul would soak up the silence, bit by bit, until I'm able to sit down comfortably, in my own company.

I'd lay back against a soft cushion and sink into the sofa while staring outside into the green splendor of the forest.  The light breeze would tickle the leaves and I'd watch them dance in their fantastic shades of green until I sink into an unconscious, dreamy state.

Time would stand still and I'd be able to stay in this hideaway for as long as I like. For as long as it takes. 

A girl can dream, right?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter on the coast.

A picnic under a tree

I love what I do.