Instant satisfaction

I'm one of those people who weren't born with a lot of patients.  I do have patients, but not a whole lot.  It's very satisfying to be able to get an urge to do something, and then to actually go out and do it in less than an hour and have something very pleasing to show for it  :)

Other than working on translation assingments today, I prentended to be a librarian and helped out in the school library at the primary school where my mom teaches.  What a fantastic way to spend a morning!  I was given a quick run-down on the Dewey Decimal System (DDS), and started packing away books.  It was as if the 'real world' stopped for a few hours. It was just me, the wooden trolley with the squeeky wheels filled with books, and the Dewey numbers and colour-system I needed to follow to get the books back to where they belong.  I also checked in books, checked out books, recorded new books... It was fantastic and I'll definately be going back soon!

While I was on my way back home, I suddenly felt like baking something.  This is new to me, as I'm really not especially fond of cooking or baking in general.  Since receiving loads of wonderful kitchen goodies for my kitchentea and our wedding, that has changed though!  I now sometimes feel like baking things. (Draks, are you proud?) So I stopped at the Spar and got a few necessities, including eggs.  Because I knew that was all I needed for what I was about to bake.  And when I got home, I took the following out of the cupboard:
"Tadaaaaa!"
I love this!  It's SO brilliant.  Everything you need in one, very cute box.  You just add 1 egg, oil and water.  And there you go.  I mixed up the batter in... oh, 5 minutes?  Waited for the oven to heat while spooning it into the muffin pan.  A fantastic 25 mintues later I was smiling at these:
Isn't it great?  They taste wonderful too.  Maybe one day I'll try making muffins from scratch.  For now I'm just thankful for the chubby Pillsbury man!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter on the coast.

I love what I do.

A picnic under a tree