A dedicated writing spot.

I recently dove into my picture archives (I keep folders filled with inspiring pictures found on the Internet) and found the following (sources unknown, unfortunately):

My idea(s) of the near-perfect writing room: 




Aren't they great?  I can picture myself in any and all of them.  Imagine having a room dedicated to your writing (if you have one, I'm jealous).  A room filled with all things inspiring.  Bookcases filled with your special collection of favourite books, dictionaries in every language your heart desires, artworks which gives you goosebumps every single time you lay eyes on it. Walls painted in any colour you want, be it a deep, reading room red or a deep olive green.  Maybe the room has a window or two, overlooking a lush garden - or better yet, overlooking the ocean.  Imagine that!  Imagine being able to hear waves crashing on rocks or the wind move through a forest, right below your window.
A place where you can let your mind wonder and where you can come up with magical combinations of words.   A place where you move off into another world, a world created by your imagination, an alternative reality.
I like to think that if I had a special writing room, I'd write more often.  Contradicting that is the fact that I also believe that if the time is right, you'll write whenever and wherever you are, regardless of the setting.  
Maybe I should re-arrange our (small, yet functional) study (with the amazing red wall)...


Comments

  1. Dear Ria - I enjoy your blog and its freshness. I can picture myself in the last image here - from the one window you can see the sun rise - possibly by repositioning that little rocking chair and a steaming cuppa coffee and from the other window watch the sunset and a glass of wine. I imagine great pictures taken from these windows as the seasons change. Regards, Karin

    http://afrikaansegriffel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winter on the coast.

I love what I do.

A picnic under a tree