On death and dying and all that goes with it.

I sometimes read what this guy writes, and I think he makes a lot of sense most of the time.  And today he posted something about thinking about the future which really touched me, and made me think.  What he says, is true: (and I quote)

"One of the most liberating discoveries I ever had was that thinking has an insidious snowball effect. Thoughts trigger other thoughts, and if your initial thought carries even a hint of insecurity or worry, subsequent thoughts can explore it and magnify it until you’re profoundly agitated. You can end up pulling your hair out and dreading the rest of your life, just from idle thinking." 

This is me he's talking about.  This is what I'm doing, and what I've been doing my whole life.  And this is what is exactly what I'm NOT supposed to be doing at the moment.  I need to take one day at a time.

"All the suffering is in the thoughts."

(Man, you've said it!  You're RIGHT. You're so, so right.)

"We can only deal with one moment at a time

That should suit us fine, because that’s the rate at which life deals them out. Yet our thoughts make it seem like the future is already there, just ahead of us in line, taunting us while we can do nothing about it."

That is why I'm living one moment, one minute, one little bit at a time these days.  Small steps, don't plan too far ahead, try to stay, live, breathe and act in the moment.  

It works for me. 

It stills my mind, it keeps me calm, it makes me feel good.

And I need to feel good.

credit: muddlingalongmummy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter on the coast.

A picnic under a tree

So I danced my way into my 30's.