wishing time away

Wow, look at this, I'm back again, in record time!


After a tedious day at work and Day 1 of my new year detox plan I have very little energy and I'm barely clinging on to the precious holiday feeling which came so naturally a few hours ago.  I don't even have the energy to put on my running shoes and get moving!



It's hard to stay positive, motivated, disciplined and nice when you're couped up in a small, dark office, doing repetitive, unsatisfying work at a company you have no feeling or passion for.  I can imagine it's almost like being caught in a net - I can picture a spirited, free insect flying into a sticky web or a slippery, shiny fish swimming into a net - you're caught, you can't move, you have to wait, you have no control over the situation.  That's kind of how I feel a the moment!  The next 9 working days are going to take a lot of patients from my side.  Patients, energy to stay positive, to stay NICE, to tolerate whatever comes my way.  I just have to do it.

It's hard not to wish the time away!  And it would be the worst thing to do at this stage, with time being so precious and with everything that needs to be done before I finish my job, before I start at the university, before we get married.


So, I'll just try to make the best of it.  I can do this, I can do this, I can do this  :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter on the coast.

A picnic under a tree

I love what I do.