new things

I was lucky enough to start my year off with sandy feet on the bank of the Orange River, under a glowing, full moon. It was the end of a wonderful 4 day river rafting trip, and after a first shower in days, our group of friends was ready to welcome the new year with a big, festive night. I think we missed midnight by a few minutes, but the ultimate freedom of not wearing watches and not being tied down by time was indescribable. The fireworks were beautiful, the champagne a bit warm, but the vibe magical.

Maybe the last few days of 2009 were a sign of what's in store for 2010: Hard work, pushing boundries, conquering the elements, but as reward a fantastic feeling of personal accomplishment, closer relationships and having a lot of fun in the process.

A change is a good as a holiday. So I've made sure that 2010 will be a year of change.
I have ten more working days left before I'm officially unemployed.
At the end of this month I'll be a full-time student again.
In less than three months I'm getting married and in less than four months I'm turning 30 years old.


This is going to be a big year - it doesn't matter how you look at it! Definately a life-changing year.



I feel ready for all the challenges. I know it's going to take hard work, adjustments, patients. I am however blessed to have an amazing support team, and I'm very excited about what's waiting for me!

One thing I'm going to be forced to do more often is WRITE. So watch this space. I don't normally make new year's resolutions.. or no - that is a lie. I do make them and I get very excited about them, but after a few weeks they fade quite abruptly! But if I had to make a few this year, they would look something like this:

1) Eat healthy, exercise, live a balanced life
2) Write more
3) Have fun. All the time.

Let's see if I can keep it up!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter on the coast.

A picnic under a tree

I love what I do.