Rain.

Credit:  gareth saunders

It's raining outside.  It's been raining since late afternoon.
I love the rain.
I love the sound of rain.
Especially the sound of rain on the tin roof of my parents' house.
Evenings are the worse.
Especially the time between 17h00 and 19h00, because that's the time when my dad used to come home from work.
But he's never coming home again.

Never.
I hate finality.


The time of day when I used to spend the most time with my dad, was after 17h00; after work.  After dark. 
That's why I miss him the most when the sun starts to set.
It's really, really hard.

 But sometimes the rain helps.
It's kind of like a natural type of 'tears' which comes from the earth.
The song "I'll do my crying in the rain" (Aha) comes to mind and has a whole new meaning to me.

If it rains tomorrow, you'll find me outside.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter on the coast.

A picnic under a tree

I love what I do.